Ladies and Gentlemen,
I proudly present…. My new home accessories.
I’m just back from my lovely romantic short holiday. We had our anniversary and decided to celebrate it somewhere else than home – let me face the truth, at home you never relax absolutely. I always see something to do or something is in the way or there is dust … That’s why we decided to go out and enjoy the world.
Back home, I noticed that I once again haven’t written very much, I was so occupied with being ‘in love’ that I forgot everything at home. The good thing about this is that I made some new ‘home accessories’ a long time ago and kept the pictures in my blog folder without doing anything with them, so this, now, today, (‘let’s do it,’ says the little voice in my head) is the right moment to let them out to see the world.
Papier-mâché bowl and candle (Windlicht)
Fine paper/tissue paper
Objects to cover like glasses, plates etc.
1) Mix yourself a bowl full with wallpaper adhesive (follow the instruction on the package)
2) Take a lot of fine paper, like tissue paper. Rip it up into little pieces.
3) Look for a shape you like and which fits well with the idea of your desired object. I once used a plate and, for the candle, a glass.
4) Cover the shape with foil.
5) Put the little paper pieces in the glue and start to apply them to the shape. I always try to make 4 to 8 layers, it depends. Try not to leave any areas uncovered.
6) Let your object dry (this can take a few days). When it starts to get a bit drier, try to pull the object off the shape a little, to make sure that the inside can also begin to dry. Don’t forget to remove the foil before the inside can dry completely, to avoid it sticking.
7) Cut the edges or the shape you want.
8) Have a think if you want to paint your object and always use some varnish to seal it. If you want to use it with food, take care to use a non-toxic varnish designed for this purpose.
9) That’s all! 🙂